Monday 14 June 2010

Things Are Afoot...

...Yes indeed, things are afoot which have been taking up rather large amounts of time, leaving little for gardening or blogging, but more on that in another post.

Our Rocket that I sowed in the last post is coming on well, we're looking forward to having it in our sandwiches soon.


So many of the flowers are finally out and are looking amazing!




The tomatoes are looking good, we've got our first green fruit on the vine, one of the striped Tigerella...


...buts that nothing compared to the Chillies which are going mad, covered in flowers (Rich is already planting to dry some and make chilli oil with others!


The main veg patch is doing well not we've got some more sunny weather, the weeds are also doing well, so I'm out there as often as I can to try and keep on top of them.


The Peas are really taking off after a slow start, they got very munched on by the the damn slugs again so we had to resort to the organic slug pellets (we tried several other method last year and nothing worked so in desperation of having some peas at all this year I've fallen back on the pellets) They are looking very pretty on the willow wigwams.


I picked up a little Patty Pan Courgette when we where back in Shropshire the other week, from the Ludlow farmer market. We haven't done courgettes before so I fancied giving them ago.



I'm so enjoying just be able to wander down the garden of an evening and water a few things, blissful!


1 comment:

Sarah McGrath said...

Your Veggie garden is so gorgeous! I am very Jealous!