Sunday 2 March 2008

First Post!

This is a blog about my garden, I decided to start one mostly for my family and friends (some whom live pretty far away sadly!) so they can keep up with what I'm doing, but for anyone who stumbles across this who isn't related to me, I'm Kat.

I live in Bath with my boyfriend Rich and a psycho jungle cat called Stella, we have a little cottage on the outskirts of the city which happened to have a huge garden attached, we weren't really look for a place with a garden so suddenly getting 60' of weeds was a bit of a shock, did I mention we have never done any gardening before in our life's.

This is roughly what it looked like just after we moved in:














It looked like this for quite a while as I didn't have a clue what to do with all that space, eventually I decided to attempt growing some of our own veg:


















I was told that broad beans and sweet peas where about the easiest things to grow so started with them, I quickly moved on to a row of lettace (which bolted like crazy) and tomatoes in our green house:


As it turned out I totally loved growing stuff, the tomatoes where the best that year as they didn't require you to do much but water them and you could eat the fruit right off the plant.
The year after I got a bit more serious about what I was going to grow, this time the tomatoes went into large plastic tub's with an irrigation system from my rain water barrel to keep them going, the difference was amazing!:



Anyway the point is I'm now hooked on gardening and growing veg, so basically when its too wet or dark to be in the garden I can play with my new blog!

No comments: